Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Asus EeePCs


The other day my daughter was looking for a laptop for University. She would have a long commute to/from University and wanted something cool that would not be a piece of luggage. I thought I would ask some questions on LinkedIn.

The response was great. Within the hour I had comments from all over the world. Some people were users and not geeks, others were geeks. the balance was great. I quickly understood the technical aspects of the machines in question and also had live experience from users.

Just about all the responses (over 80) were positive. There was always a note of caution about what the machines limitations were. These essentially revolved around the screen sizes and the keyboard. The screens are around 10" in size and the keyboard a bit small for lots of typing.

My thoughts would be to have the no disk drive version (SSD) and carry a small external drive (like a Seagate 120GB) that plugs into the USB for the files I may need sometimes.

Battery life was exceptional and the weight was a plus. The price is outstanding and on EBay you can pick these up around the AU$399 mark running Windows XP.

theBizWiz

www.boulterassociates.com.au
www.informgroup.com.au
View Dave Boulter's profile on LinkedIn

No comments: